Thursday, December 10, 2009

Where Am I?


I have become the ghost in the house. I have no job, no money of my own...my daughter has basically taken over posession of my car, so I am bound to this house, unless I ask to use my mother's car. Then there is my mother, I have been so worried about making sure that she is making this adjustment as painlessly as possible, that I put her needs before mine....always. I had no idea I was feeling so overpowered by the people living in this house with me, so invisible, and overwhelmed. ARRGGHH....I sound like some midlife crisis housewife in a Brittish comedy!

1 comment:

  1. We are not called the "sandwich generation" for nothing, dear sister! Often pulled between aging parents and perpetually adolescent children, we have a hand and foot in both places...it's bound to leave one feeling a bit discombobulated at times. (I think that's the first time I ever wrote that word...ha!)

    Anyway, you're in my prayers...I no longer have a mom, so while I "feel your pain" in having no time to think of your own needs, you DO at least still have your mom with you. A great blessing in the long run, yes?

    ReplyDelete