Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas!



This was a very peaceful, quiet Christmas...and I liked it! I really enjoyed our church's Christmas Eve Candlelight service, which started with my


Gracie playing a beautiful solo, Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring, on her cello, then Laura and I joined our drumming circle in accompanying others on Little Drummer Boy, I also sang in a quartet,

Silent Night, and in the choir as usual. It was a very musical service!! It was really wonderful to have mom here for the whole shebang also!

I cannot believe how
much snow and rain we got over the course of the day!

It was fun giving mom grief about how we are going to be looking at this same snow until March or so. Her body seems to have adjusted to the colder temperature pretty well, but then again we haven't seen the -20 degree with wind chill factors in the -40 ranges yet!! Ahhhh, the teasing will continue to be a joy for months to come...hehehe

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas, dear friend! It sounds like your holiday was peaceful and uneventful...YAY! Ours was not typical but fun...I had both boys and their wives and my grandson to play with and torment...it was great to see the kids have such a good time together!

    I was thinking of you as the snow in the weather forecast continued to get deeper and the temperatures lower...I would so NOT LIVE in Minnesota! (Although I have always wanted to stay in the Ice Palace)

    ANYWAY,have a great rest of the holiday! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete