Friday, January 15, 2010

I caught a "LIL DUDE" of MAGNITUDE!

Okay... so I was out cruising the second hand stores, when what do my eyes spot??!! A children's book called Summer In The Enchanted Forest, and you'll never guess what was on the cover???








A GNOME!!!






Alright...this isn't the front cover of the book, but it was so cute I had to show you this one first! I have been so sad, because I didn't have any Gnominess, or Gnomeware in my home at all! Now, for only 99 cents, I have a plethera (12 pages) of Gnomerabilia to share with you!!!! See.....
I did some research, and there are at least three other books, that were illustrated by Fritz Baumgarten, of this series; Winter, Spring and Autumn in The Enchanted Forest. They run anywhere from $1.83-$15.00 on websites selling used and vintage books, I think I got a pretty good deal! Here is the full page from which I cropped the first photo, and they are called "elves" in the book....but we all KNOW that they are Gnomes! (They are even described as such by the old publisher.)






What do you mean, See The Rest???? Hold on my little Gnomella, all in good time!

TTFN,
Bunches of Love!
Faith Lynn





1 comment:

  1. WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO! It's FAAAAAAAABulous! The illustrations are just too wonderful for words...and the droll sense of humor is perfectly you (and me)! Hooray for thrift stores and second hand goods! I'm going to send my readers HERE to see for themselves! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete