Sunday, January 10, 2010

Where did I begin??? (artistically speaking)




So the very first time I went to our Altered Book Club, we decided to do "tip-ins" that would visually describe us as our first project. There were 25 of us, so we didn't want anything too difficult to duplicate. This page, which I found yesterday and hung on my wall, was my page! Too much fun! We can't really be sure (we are all having some memory issues - hehehe) but we think this was around 2000.









This photo was taken at the Java Jungle, where Spencie and I had our first date. I bought this frame at some garage sale, and made it like a fairytale, to surround us!










My first love was rubber stamping, and card making. I worked P/T at a store for many years, called We're Stamping Mad in Osseo, MN. I learned so much from the Jackie, the owner, and Julie, my hero! Here is a card that I made today to thank the family that gave us their couch and loveseat! I thought it was very apropos.










I thought the miniature wall hangings turned out soooooo cute!



I suddenly notice a color palette here...wow.




2 comments:

  1. Very, VERY cool! I see that you must love purple and sage green? My stamping expertise is waaaaaaaaaay behind my other altered art skills, but I continue to buy and stamp and TRY. :-) We need to get together to share our "specialties" with each other! A mid-summer meeting perhaps?

    Glad you like my terrarium...it was SO MUCH FUN to build! I found all the little adorable things on Etsy and Ebay...I spend Waaaaaaaaaaay too much time in both places!

    Hugs,
    Paula Clare
    aka
    Your Number 1 Fan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just talked to Cheri Phillips (she was in our sextet)...."I can sing a rainbow, sing a rainbow, sing along with me!"

    Anyway, they are talking about a class reunion this August (YUCK on the heat meter), and I would love to go! I have never been to one, and it would be a good reason for mom to come along with me (maybe). We could schedule a couple of days of playing with our art then, if I could get her to go spend those days with her bff in Albany. Whaddaya think?

    Faith

    ReplyDelete